Personal Data Protection Policy
Your privacy is important to us. We believe it is important for you to know what personal data
we, Sony India Software Centre Pvt Ltd (“SISCPL” or “we”), collect from you, why we collect it,
how we use, process, disclose, manage and handle personal data which is subject to the
applicable laws in India. Please read this Policy carefully. By accessing our website, or any of
our social media accounts comprising of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn etc.
(hereafter referred to as SISCPL’s social media accounts in general), using any services
provided by SISCPL, submitting any information to us, or otherwise showing your agreement
thereon, you will be deemed to have agreed and explicitly consented to the terms of this Privacy
SISCPL reserves the right to amend, alter, change or modify this Policy at any time without
prior notice. Any amendment, alteration, changes or modification will be posted from time to
time on our website. Subject to your rights under any applicable laws, you agree or shall be
deemed to agree to be bound by any of such amended, altered, changed or modified
using any services provided by SISCPL, submitting information to us, or otherwise
showing your agreement thereon.
- In this Policy, “Personal Data” would mean and include any data, whether true or false,
which can be related to a specific identifiable natural individual, whether such individual
is identifiable from the data itself, or from other information which is available to us.
- Examples of Personal Data include your name, Identification numbers, location data, an
online identifier or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, genetic,
mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
Collection of Personal Data
- SISCPL may collect your Personal Data in several different ways. Please take care
when submitting information to us, in particular when completing free text fields or
uploading documents and other materials. Some of our services are automated and
we may not recognize that you have accidentally provided us with incorrect or
- We may collect the following Information when you apply for any job posting or asking
for generic queries.
- Full Name and E-mail address for any generic queries in Contact form.
- Full Name, e-mail address, contact number, Education and Employment details
including years of experience, Organization name and/or Job title and any Personal Data
contained in the CV that you may upload, when you submit the Job application form.
- If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your
spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such Personal Data to us,
you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us
with their Personal Data for the purposes as listed below.
- You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and
correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the
services you have requested.
- If you choose not to provide your Personal Data which is mandatory to process your
request, then we may not be able to provide you the requested support / service from
our organization or process your Job Application. Further, please note that merely
providing the requested information in the Job Application Form, does not guarantee that
you will be contacted for recruitment by SISCPL.
Purpose of Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- We use your Personal Data for different types of purposes as given below.
- To contact you and respond to your queries and requests
- To identify you once you register your details on our website or our social media
- To process the Job application/s requests
- To provide better User experience and Site maintenance
- Legal Purposes - pursuant to a court order or request from government authorities
- Recruitment (Applicant recruitment related work)
- To Analyse, investigate, handle, resolve any security matters or any vulnerability.
Prevent, detect and investigate crime and analyse and manage commercial
- Prevent, detect and investigate crime and analyse and manage commercial risks
Disclosing and Transferring Personal Data
- SISCPL will take appropriate and commercially reasonable technical, physical, and
administrative measures to protect any Personal Data it possesses or controls from
misuse or accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure,
acquisition or access in accordance with the applicable Laws.
- SISCPL does not share your Personal Data with any third parties for marketing purposes
without seeking your prior permission.
- Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, we would however like to inform you that
we utilize or share your Personal Data for the above purposes within:
- Sony Corporation and its subsidiaries (the "Sony Group Companies"), its affiliates and
their employees to provide content, products and services to you or Sony;
- agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide services to SISCPL;
- trade partners in relation to providing rewards and benefits, if any;
- any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to
facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or
asset sale) involving any of Sony’s related corporations or affiliates;
- our professional advisers such as auditors, financial advisers and lawyers;
- relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement
agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed
by any governmental authority; and
- any other party to whom you specifically authorise us to disclose your Personal
- You consent and agree to SISCPL transferring your Personal Data outside of India for
any of the purposes as listed above.
Retention of Personal Data:
- We generally delete or archive the Personal Data without any delay when its
management objective and purpose of collection as stated above is being achieved.
Where we no longer require the data, it will be destroyed or de-identified in line with our
internal information security policies.
- In order to improve our services to you, we sometimes use automated tracking devices
such as a “cookie”. A cookie is a small amount of data that our web server sends to your
web browser when you visit certain parts of our website and the use of which is intended
to assist our understanding of your interest in our website. We may use the cookies to
personalize the content, recommendations, advertisements and communications
delivered to you so that they are more relevant to you and your interests. Please note
that the cookies do not personally identify users although they do identify a user’s
browser. You can always choose to disable cookies from being stored on your computer
by changing your browser settings. Disabling cookies however, may result in a limited
experience of our functionality and services and in some cases may mean that we are
unable to provide you with the services, or parts of the services, that you have
- If you have any further questions or concerns regarding Data or this Policy,
please reach out to us at SISC.PIC@sony.com